My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 42

Today was an unlucky day. 8 minutes into my ride I broke a spoke. I was not going to waste an hour fixing it so I quickly adjusted my other spokes and kept going. I had a strong head wind the whole day, about 20 mph. I was having flashbacks of the wind in Patagonia. Then it started to rain about 2 hours into the day and continued to sprinkle all day. There was some road work going on as well so I had to go through a few detours. I was exhausted and did not make it to my goal of Concordia. I stopped about 50 km away after 6 hours of hard riding. Tomorrow my goal is to make it to Chajari, about 120 km away. I also need to take a detour and cross into Uraguay and return to Argentina to renew my visa, which only lasts 90 days. I am looking forward to tomorrow, which is supposed to have better conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment