My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 33: Mechanical problems

I had a nice ride today but I had to stop about 50 km early after 2 of my spokes broke. I was on the road for about 5 hours when I heard the clang of death as the spoke broke. I adjusted the surrounding spokes to relieve the extra tension, but 20 km later another one went. I stopped at the next town and found a small bike shop. They fixed the spokes but didn't do a good job as the wheel still isn't running exactly true. I am having my bike overhauled in buenos aires so I just want to make sure I can make it to there at least.

The town I stayed at is Cachari and there is only 1 paved road. There were no internet cafes, but I found an unsecured wi-fi zone after going for a walk. I found a small restraurant/hotel at the edge of town. There was no heat, but the room had lots of blankets. The hotel had a courtyard inside with, dogs, cats, and chickens. A little ghetto, but worth the $7 I paid.

No comments:

Post a Comment