My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Monday, June 7, 2010

Day 34: Arrived in Buenos Aires

Today was a tough day. I went 140 km and had a head wind most of the day. The wind got stronger as I got weaker. I went through a swamp which smelled pretty bad. There was no escaping the smell, it was in every breath I took. I started the day off strong but hit a wall at about 4 hours. I don't think I ate enough last night for all the exercise I did today. I went through a town today and there were people cooking asado along the street. It was too early to stop for food, and I couldn't make it to buenos aires if I stopped for lunch anyway, so I took a quick pictured and kept going. My stomach was really grumbling after that.

I stopped in a buenos aires suburb and gave my cousin who lives nearby a call. He came by and gave me a ride to his house. We had a nice time that night, catching up while making pizza and drinking home brewed beer.

I made it to buenos aires finally. The last week has been intense, averaging about 150 km per day. I will stay here a few days and rest. I need it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! Thanks for sharingg
    After reading this I can't wait to get to know Argentina...
    I was looking for Buenos Aires apartments for me and 4 of my friends.. Do you have any recommendation?
    Hope you can help me :)

    Nice post
    Kell

    ReplyDelete