My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 32

Today was another long day. I am trying to get to Buenos Aires as quick as I can so I have a few 100 mile days in a row. I got in 185 km and arrived in Olavarria around 5. It was a nice ride, a little on the long side though at around 8.5 hours. I almost ran out of water near the end of the day. I am feeling pretty strong and am in much better shape than when I began the trip. The road was really flat the whole day and I had a little tail wind.

I saw the aftermath of an accident today. A truck carrying what appeared to be salt tipped over and spilled all over the road. The road was closed by police but I went past them to see if I could get through on my bike. I was able to get by after asking a fireman if it was safe to pass. There were a few ambulances on the scene too.

My cell phone was stolen today. I left it at an internet cafe and came back littlerally 2 minutes later and it was gone. There was a man at the computer I left it at, but there was not much I could do. I called the phone but someone had turned it off. I asked that the security camera be reviewed but it was too far away to see exactly who took it. The guy at the computer probably had my phone but I couldn't exactly ask to search him. He left before I could call the police. Seems like the closer to buenos aires I get the more dishonest people become. I will pick up a new phone when I get to buenos aires in 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment