My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Day 40

This morning I left Gualeguaychu bound for San Jose. About 1 hour into the ride it started to rain and progressed to a down pour as the day went on. After 3 hours I decided to call it a day early. I was soaked and covered in mud kicked up from my wheels and trucks driving by. I only made it about 70 km, my goal wast to go 100. I found a hotel in Concepcion de Uraguay and was able to catch the second half of Argentina´s first world cup match (we won). The road had a nice wide shoulder most of the way. There was also a portion of newly paved but unopened road next to the highway that I road on for about 10 km. As I went by some construction workers working on the road they all started to cheer. The must have thought I was crazy biking in the middle of down pour.

Later on that night I was chatting with the son of the hotel owner and he invited me to go out with some friends for dinner. I decided go out and have some fun on a Saturday night. We met up with some members of a field hockey team he was a member of and had a 3 hour parilla dinner. It was a nice night. After dinner they invited me to go out for some more drinks and dancing but I was pretty tired so headed back to the hotel. It was 2 am by the time I got back and went to bed. I checked the weather forcast before going to bed and it was for more rain. I did not feel like biking while soaking wet again and I would be biking on about 5 hours of sleep, so I decided to take a day off and relax and avoid the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment