My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 5: Nick learns his bike is not made for off road travel

Today I tried to bike down the unpaved road, but the road´s condition is really bad. The gravel was realy lose and I kept sinking in and losing my balance. On top of that about a mile into my day I got a flat tire. My bike is not made for off road travel so instead of risking futher damage to my bike or getting stuck 30 miles from help I decided to play it safe and catch a ride to where the pavement begins again. I spent all day at the boarder asking every truck I saw for a ride, but I couldn´t find anyone who was going my way and could take me. It probably didn´t help that it was a Sunday. After a day of waiting at the boarder I am stuck here for another night in the waiting room. I am getting to know the boarder guards pretty well. They are all really helpful and we chat when there is no one crossing the boarder. One woman, Private Rojas, brought me some hot chocolate while I waited outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment