My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Friday, May 21, 2010

Day 15: Biking over a moonscape

It was like biking over the moon today. I left Tres Cerros on my way to Fitz Roy. Very dry, just rocks and a little grass here and there. I saw some strange green rocks along the side of the road, probably copper deposits. The wind was not too bad today and the landscape was just a bunch of rolling hills. As I was biking along I saw a very stange sight, a couple of ducks just hanging out by the side of the road. There must have been a river or something somewhere that I could not see. The wind got a little worse as the day went on. It was a side wind and was blowing me off the road. There was some road construction going on and I had to take a slight detour on a dirt road for about 5 km, which was rough and dusty. I saw some gauchos hearding some sheep today along the side of the road. There are sheep ranches every 20 miles or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment