My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 56

Today was beautiful, light breeze, no clouds, in the 70's. I made my way further up the valley for about 75 km. It was a really gradual climb, hardly noticable. The one bad thing today was that the road turned into a highway where bikes were not permitted. I went on the highway anyway and just biked in the gravel on the side of the road. This lasted about 25 km. When I arrived in Jujuy I was feeling very good and decided to push on to a small town called Yala about 20 km more. This was a great call. I found a cool hostel filled with young people from Argentina, Colombia, France, Italy, and Belgium. It was comfortable and only about $6 a night. They were painting the building when I arrived, and a girl with red paint put a dot in my forehead like an Indian. There was another biker staying there. He was traveling from Colombia to Ushuaia. We chatted about our trips. The whole hostel ate together family style.

No comments:

Post a Comment