My Route


Ver Bike Argentina en un mapa ampliado

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 58

Today was a nice relatively easy day. I only had 45 km and 500 vertical meters to go to Humahuaca. I made it there in about 3 hours. There was little wind today, which made things much easier than yesterday. I started to feel the altitude today for the first time. I am at about 10,000 ft. now and still have another 2,500 ft. To climb. I found Humahuaca to be a little touristy with lots of little stands selling trinkets and stuff. However, the prices are still reasonable. I found a hostel a few blocks from the central square for $8 a night. I then settled in and explored the city a little. Later in the evening I found a coffee shop with wi-fi and hung out there for the rest of the evening surfing the net and listening to pan flute covers of US pop songs. It would have been a nice evening if it had ended there, but unfortunately it did not. I got food poisoning from some empanadas I had for dinner, and I was sick as a dog all night. I barely slept. Good thing I was planning to take the next day off anyway to watch the Argentina soccer match.

No comments:

Post a Comment